Friday, February 3, 2012

Chicagoians

Well here we are in Chicago, so close to my sister, the Baha'i House of Worship and the windy city! 
We made it here safe and sound, however... moving with a 6 month old is VERY different than when we were just Eric and I. By that I mean... slower. We had to hire movers to help us move into our place, and I will always do that from now on... it was so much easier. So we actually live in a 2 bdrm apartment in Romeoville, IL, pretty nice place.

Eric started his orientation Jan. 23rd, so Fayola and I were left to pack up together all week... plus she got her first fever after immunizations and she was fussy. He started his job at the Joliet Caterpillar plant on Monday and he enjoys it so far.

I have started my new full-time job, staying home with Fayola. I may try to treat  a few patients a week, or start a post-partum program for women with a OB/GYN group or PT clinic. We will see how this month unfolds.

Fayola will be 7 months on Sunday, 2/5/11~ She weighs in at 17 lbs 2 oz (at her 6 month appt she was 16 lbs. 14 oz. and 25 1/2 inches long) We don't have our next appointment until she is 9 months old.
These past few months Fayola continues to develop her personality, she does like to talk, but she is bashful at first! She loves her dog Chloe, every time I get her out of her crib she looks down at the ground for Chloe and says "Chhhh..." She is starting to be more interested in socializing vs. playing by herself and loves to have mommy in sight. She has started to wake up again at night, starting the solids worked the opposite effect... she is up more often :) She is so close to being mobile... ahhh! We got to child proof everything.
Milestones for Dec/Jan (6-7th months):
1st teeth! 12/26/11
First foods: oatmeal cereal- yum!
                   bananas- yum yum
                   avacado- yummy!
                   sweet potato- asi asi
                   apple- not a favorite
                   peas- ooo! this is different
Transition from sitting to tummy 2/1/12
Rolling machine (especially when changing diapers) 12/20/11
Sitting independently 1/15/12
Saying Maaa Maaa Maaa (when she cries)
Saying "Baa Baa Baa" (her favorite noise)... and all the jibberish
Loves tummy time (fully extends elbows and scoots forward and back & pivots) 1/23/12
Drinks out of a cup

I didn't do such a hot job keeping track of everything for Fayola with me leaving my job, working long hours and trying to pack, I will do a better job for you Fayola.

We took Valentine's pictures of Fayola that I will post during Valentine's Day!

Much love,

The McGowans'
(In the pictures below Fayola is 6/12 months old - in her 7th month here!)



 Playing in her new room!
(she loves carpet, no more hardwood floors + Chloe is in heaven too)

 Improved pincer grip and holding objects

 Model pose #1

 Strike a pose!


Taken this morning 2/3/12-- bouncing in the Jumparoo

No comments: