Thursday, February 2, 2012

5 months

Well I apologize for the long delay in posting!

We had such a beautiful fall... nice weather 50s/60s sometimes 70s... not much rain. Then the rain set in starting in December, and it really reminded me of Seattle... oh how I do miss the misty mountains :( I also had my co-workers come in from Seattle to teach a course, and it was so great to take a course with them, they are so bright and intelligent and a gift to the world of healing!



We are in a very interesting chapter in our lives... Eric graduated and officially an Engineer :) I am so darn proud of him, he decided to make a change and it is really paying off. He has been offered an Engineering job at Catepillar with the Leadership program, and we will be MOVING to Chicago in 3 weeks!!

Fayola is 6 months old and is really changing. Her personality has started to blossom, she still is reserved, very cautious, observant, starting to get frustrated when she can't figure something out (sounds a little like me :-) ), independent, bashful, and so wonderful! (And she weighs in at 16 lbs. 8 oz) The 5th month (between 4-6 months) Fayola really changed a lot, socially, motor development, and all.

Milestones for 5 months:
Sitting forward on her own starting on her 5th month Birthday
Reaches for food and cups
Plays a game of peek-a-boo (or shying away when someone smiles at her)
Jumping in jumparoo!
Laughing more at Chloe
"Hi"... it sounds like it at least (babbles at her toes a lot)
Sitting on her own (
Two bottom teeth!! (Dec. 26th)
Rolls over and over and over (tummy to back, back to tummy)- Dec. 26th
Traveled to Cleveland (we drove in a snow storm) and Pittsburgh
1st Holiday season with family and friends

I am constantly thanking God for this gem in my life, she has given me a new insight on life. That we can not be prepared for every test and obstacle... I've learned the lesson of detachment on a whole new level, and adaptation to change.  Every moment spent with my daughter will be long lasting and I feel her soul vibrating as we stare into each other's eyes smiling, it is wonderful! She has such purity and light, and I hope to continue to foster this and enable her to have "thoughts that will change this world into a rose garden".

My job will be coming to an end on Jan. 20th, and we will travel for a week visiting family. We will officially move to the southwest suburbs of Chicago Jan. 28th-29th. I am looking to work PRN at a skilled nursing facility and one day/week in an OP clinic (to keep practicing my manual skills). So I will be able to stay home with Fayola most of the week!! :)

I will send out an e-card with my new address once we move in.

Much Love,
The McGowans'

Thanksgiving 2011 (4 1/2 months old)


 Baba and Fayola

 Baba (great-grandma), Grandma and Fayola (Thanksgiving)

 5 months (not quite rolling yet)

 Passed out from playing hard

 Silly girl

 5 1/2 months
5 months (chunky monkey!)


"I love my swing!"

 This hand tastes so good! (I have teeth coming in)
 Big eyes!

5 months!

 Aunt Angie visiting for Christmas :)

 Warm up to food.... practicing

Daddy loves me!

 I love Daddy!

 All bundled up for the snow

 Cousin Taylor is so sweet!

Visiting with Uncle Frank, Aunt Lisa, Taylor & Max over New Years 2012

 Love my cousin Jimmy

 Uncle Jeff

 xoxo

 Baba with Fayola :)
(Christmas 2011)

 Aunt Maria

 I love food so far!


Yummy!! Banana & Oatmeal cereal

No comments: