Monday, January 23, 2017

Laina & Phoenix: One Month

This first month of your lives, Laina & Phoenix, was a blur to me. We arrived home 36 hours after you were born. And it felt like I lived in my bedroom, barely able to get out of there, between nursing the two of you. I also got mastitis, two weeks after you were born. 
These days were some of the most difficult I've ever had with fatigue and lack of sleep. I tried all different sleeping positions, in the bed propped up, in the rock-n-play, and in the co-sleepers. Daddy slept across the house. But, it came down to Laina in the rock-n-play and Phoenix in the bed. 
I don't remember much else, but that the love I felt for you both was so immense. I also remember reading a lot of the news, particularly on the upcoming Election we would be having this Fall. 
How you grew your first month:
Laina-
6 days: 7 lbs 3 oz & 18.5 in
2 weeks: 8 lbs 5.5 oz & 20.5 in
1 month: 10 lbs 1 oz & 21.25 in

Phoenix-
6 days: 6 lbs 5 oz & 19.5 in
2 weeks: 7 lbs 2.5 oz & 20.5 in
1 month: 9 lbs 7 oz & 21.25 in

Firsts:
Cooing, slept 3 hours straight, following objects across midline





















No comments: